LAKE & MOUNTAIN TRAILS
Hike the Rogue Valley
- Crater Lake National Park, a national treasure, is North America’s deepest and bluest lake. Hike, tour by boat and even jump into the crystal clear waters.
- Rogue River Trail: An epic 37-mile trail for experienced hikers with wildlife viewing, swimming holes and waterfalls.
- Jacksonville Woodland Trails: 16 miles of trails with panoramic views and historic Chinese mining sites.
- Stroll Ashland’s Lithia Park: Scenic, easy trails and creekside picnicking spot.
- Hike Roxy Ann Peak from Prescott Park, just east of Medford. Nice loop trail on a volcanic cone with super views and wildflowers.
- Hike Table Rocks northeast of Medford with views of the patchwork valley and Mount McLoughlin and Mount Ashland beyond.
Raft & fish the Rogue Valley’s waterways
Five nationally designated wild and scenic rivers course through area forests, making a morning of angling followed by an afternoon of wine tasting entirely achievable and definitely enjoyable. Coveted Northwest salmon, steelhead and loads of trout inhabit the legendary Rogue River for year-round fishing. Hire a guide and get casting. Rafting the Rogue River gets you splashing in class II-IV rapids as you take in wildlife and some of the most pristine wilderness anyway.
Road, gravel or Mountain
Cycle the Rogue Valley
- Cycle the Cascade Siskiyou Scenic Bikeway: This 55-mile road route begins and ends in Ashland. This epic route delivers switchbacks, wow scenery and speed, as you climb through oak savannah and fir forests.
- Applegate Valley Road Routes: Lush farms, clear rivers and wine tasting along the Applegate AVA, plus historic Jacksonville.
- The Bear Creek Greenway boasts twenty-six miles of easy, paved trail path between Ashland and Central Point. Please check Greenway Facebook page for restoration updates.
- Oregon Timber Trail: Sheer solitude and wilderness on trails that stretch from north of Crater Lake to the Oregon/California border. Wine taste in the Upper Rogue after your ride.
- Mountain Bike Mt. Ashland: 200 acres of trails close enough to town to ride the trail then hit the Southern Rogue tasting rooms.
- For more great rides, go here. For rentals, check out Siskiyou Cyclery in Ashland.
THE OUTSIDE IS BETTER WITH WINE
Stories of adventure & play in Southern Oregon
Wine With a Side of Snowshoeing This Winter
January 7, 2021
Wine With Everything in the Rogue Valley
October 23, 2020
Cozy Nights, Fall Colors and Alpacas Calling
October 16, 2020
Wine + Adventure + Culture Bucket List
September 18, 2020
Welcome to Rogue Valley Wine Country
September 10, 2020